The art of goal setting and achieving is not taught in school. The knowledge gained through life experience is vital in making our dreams come true. It's all about aligning intentions with our actions.
Every day we move forward toward our goal of making Jurmala a flourishing Jewish community. To succeed in this task, we have outlined the following plans:
- Establish "Eruv"
- To run a traditional Kosher kitchen and to provide affordable meals to members of our community as well as tourists. In addition to that, to open Kosher restaurant
- To build a Mikvah
- To have a space/hall designated to Holocaust memorial theme and the jewish history of our region.
- Bar / Bat Mitzva project in partnership with JCC Riga and the local jewish school.
- To invest in Jewish education in the local Jewish school; in learning of traditional Jewish way of life together with EFI.
- developing kosher tourism
Beside the above mentioned projects, we are glad to inform you about other projects that we intend to embark on in the future, such as:
- reconstruction of the synagogues that were destroyed at world war II and build a community center.
- attracting new volunteers and members to our organization
- to set up an association for the Baltic rabbis so we can do more for our communities.
- to write and publish a book about our Jewish community and it's revival in recent years
And much more.
Our core purpose is to help members of our community as well as visitors, enrich and improve their lives by gaining knowledge about Jewish traditions and Jewish way of life.
We believe that together, we can achieve our goals.